Picturesque views on the river Exe.
- Tiverton: For J. Chaplin by T. Parkhouse, MDCCCXIX 
- Physical Description:
- 32 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.E87 P53 1819+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Aquatint engravings by Daniel Havell and Frederick Christian Lewis; after Henry Haseler, L.E. Reed, and Knight.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 117
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in grey paper boards. Bookplate: N.L.B. Wellens. Laid in case is ALS to Captain J.R. Abbey from Jasper Heuron, June 23, 1937 and an  p. pamphlet: Romance of Bickleigh. April 1937.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbey, J.R., Captain -- ALS from Jasper Heuron, June 23, 1937.Bickleigh Castle -- Pictorial works.Castles -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Chaplin, J. -- Publisher.Exe River (England) -- Description and travel.Heuron, Jasper -- ALS to Captain J.R. Abbey, June 23, 1937.Parkhouse, T. -- Printer.Rivers -- Great Britain -- Description and travel.Wellens, N.L.B. -- Bookplate.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.