IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Pilleau, Henry, 1813 or 1815-1899, Sketches in Egypt , 1845
Sketches in Egypt / by H. Pilleau, 16th Lancers ; lithographed by Dickinson & Son.
- London : Dickinson & Son, Publishers to the Queen, 114, New Bond Street, 1845
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 55 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2022 22Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Each plate accompanied by a leaf of descriptive letterpress.
Includes a list of subscribers.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 271
BAC Folio A 2022 22: The Abbey copy. Plates are hand-colored. Bound in green pebble cloth, with title lettered in gold on front cover. Bookplate: Lister. Inscribed: "James Lister Liverpool 1846 from Captain Pilleau." Autograph: "J. Nicholson 1920."
- Subject Terms:
- Antiquities.Egypt -- Antiquities.Egypt -- Description and travel.Egypt.Égypte -- Antiquités.Égypte -- Descriptions et voyages.Lister, James -- Bookplate.Nicholson, J. -- Autograph.Travel.
- Plates: Ruins at Philæ
- Koum Ombou
- Great Hall of Karnac
- Interior of the Great Hall of Karnac
- Obelisk and Propylœa. Luxor
- Ruins at Luxor
- Temple at Medinet. Abou. Thebes
- The Two Colossi
- Temple of Denderah
- The Great Pyramids of Geza.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.