IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Plaw, John, 1744 or 5-1820, Rural architecture, or, Designs from the simple cottage to the decorated villa , 1790
Rural architecture, or, Designs from the simple cottage to the decorated villa / including some of which have been executed by the author, John Plaw.
- Additional Title(s):
Designs from the simple cottage to the decorated villa.
- London : Published by the author, 1790.
- Physical Description:
- 8, viii,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7562 P52 1790Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 47
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: Country gentleman's architect / John Miller. London, 1787.
BAC: Price at foot of t.p.: Price two guineas.
Printed by H. Reynell, Printer, No. 21 Piccadilly, near Hay- Market.
Illustrations by John Plaw and F. Jukes.
BAC: List of subscriber's: p. [i]- viii.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Plaw, John, 1744 or 5 1820 -- Publisher.Reynell, H. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- 1790.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.