IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Westropp, Hodder M. (Hodder Michael), d. 1884, Epochs of painted vases , 1856
Epochs of painted vases : an introduction to their study / by Hodder M. Westropp, Esq.
- Additional Title(s):
Westropp on vases
- London : Walton and Maberly, Upper Gower Street, and Ivy Lane, Paternoster Row, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- , 24,  p., IX leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK4620 .W47 1856Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Nine plates with 134 illustrations of vases showing differences in shape and size.
Spine title: Westropp on vases.
Printed by Wertheimer and Co., Circus Place, Finsbury.
List of the names of 38 different shapes with both the English and Italian nomenclature: p. -24.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gilt-stamped blue publisher's binding. Gilt-stamped vignette of decorated vase on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Specimens -- 1856.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Vase-painting -- History.Vases, Egyptian.Vases, Etruscan.Vases, Greek.Walton and Maberly -- Publisher.Wertheimer and Co. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.