Pyne, W. H. (William Henry), 1769-1843, Etchings of rustic figures , 
Etchings of rustic figures : for the embellishment of landscape / by W.H. Pyne.
- London : Published by R. Ackermann, 101, Strand; and sold by all the book and print-sellers in the United Kingdom. 1815. L. Harrison & J.C. Leigh, printers, 373, Strand, 
- Physical Description:
- 8 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC735 .P9 1815Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View catalog record for Copper plates used in Pyne's Etchings of rustic figures
- A number of these plates were first published in Ackermann's Repository of Arts, Oct. 1812-Aug. 1814. Cf. Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 179.
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. British Art Center also has 17 of the 60 original copper plates used for printing the illustrations (BACRB NC735 .P9 1815a).
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1815.Etching.Figure painting.Harrison, L. -- Printer.Landscape painting.Leigh, J.C. -- Printer.
- Drawing books.