Familiar architecture : consisting of original designs of houses for gentlemen and tradesmen, parsonages and summer-retreats : with back-fronts, sections, &c. : together with banqueting-rooms, churches, and chimney-pieces : to which is added, the masonry of the semicircular and elliptical arches, with practical remarks / by Thomas Rawlins, architect.
- [London] : Printed for the author, MDCCLXVII 
- Physical Description:
- , 30,  p., LX leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA7132 .R39 1768+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engravings by Tobias Müller; after Thomas Rawlins.
At foot of t.p.: No copy of this work is authentic that has not my name in my own hand-writing affixed to it in the title page. [Signed]: Rawlins. [Signature in ms]
Title vignette; head- and tail-pieces, initials.
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 273.1
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 730
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 2716
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy is from the library at Shrubland Park, Ipswich. Bound in half calf and marbled paper over boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1768.Rawlins, Thomas -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.