Taylor, C. (Charles), 1756-1823, A familiar treatise on drawing, for youth , 1820
- A familiar treatise on drawing, for youth : being an elementary introduction to the fine arts ... / by Charles Taylor ; illustrated by thirty three engravings.
- London : Printed for Charles Taylor ..., by E. Hempsted, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- 16 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC615 T38 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by Charles Taylor; after Bartolozzi, A. Brown,Cipriani, De Marteau, Gerard Lairesse, Le Brun, Le Clerc, Mortimer, Paye, Poussin, Henry Singleton, Van Dyck.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original printed boards, as issued. Boards printed by John Hill.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Hemsted, E. -- Printer.Hill, John -- Printer.Taylor, C. (Charles) -- Publisher.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1820.
Engravings -- 1820.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.