Four views on the River Dart, Devon / drawn on stone by W. Gaucci ; from sketches taken on the spot by Lieut. G.H.P. White, R.N.
- Devonport; Published by W. Byers, bookseller to His Majesty; S. Saunders, Repository for Artists; and Messrs. J. & T. Fuller, Temple of Fancy, Rathboone-Place, London, [1830?]
[London] : Published by W. Byers, bookseller to His Majesty; S. Saunders, Repository for Artists; and Messrs. J. & T. Fuller, Temple of Fancy, Rathboone-Place, London, [1830?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.D5 W45 1830+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Lithography by W. Gauci; after George Henry Parlby White. Printed by C. Hullmandel.
Date of publication from Abbey.
"Price-Proofs on India paper, 10s. Plain, 8s.; or separate plates on India, 2s. 6d. Plain 2s."--Cover.
Advertisements of W. Byers & S. Saunders on back cover.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 125
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's grey-green paper wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Byers, W. -- PublisherDart, River (England) -- Pictorial works.Devon (England) -- Pictorial works.Fuller, J. & T. -- PublisherHullmandel, C. -- PrinterLithography -- Specimens -- 1830.Rivers -- England -- Pictorial works.Saunders, S. -- Publisher
- Publisher's advertisements.
- Contents, from cover title: 1. Buckfast Abbey, near Buckfastleigh
- 2. Ruins of Berry Pomeroy Castle, near Totnes
- 3. The Dart from the Lower Buckland Road
- 4. Distant view of Buckfastleigh Church, Buckfast Abbey, &c.