Pocock, Alfred, The Longleat views , [1840?]
- The Longleat views / by R.R. Pocock.
- Bristol : G. Davey, [1840?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : illustrations ; 42 x 59 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 18 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 18 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title from cover.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Imprint from plates.
Six tinted lithographed views by Alfred Pocock, accompanied by seven pages of text (also lithographed).
Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 167
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 422
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped green cloth. Hand-colored.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped maroon cloth. Uncolored.
- Porter's Lodge, leading from Horningsham -- The garden front at Longleat House -- The grand entrance hall -- A view from Heavens Gate -- Sheerwater Lake & boat house -- Horningsham Church and village.
- Subject Terms:
- Country houses -- England -- Warminister.Davey, George -- Longleat House (Warminster, England)Longleat House (Warminster, England)
- Lithographs -- 1840.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.