IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Pocock, Alfred, The Longleat views , [1840?]
The Longleat views / by R.R. Pocock.
- Bristol : G. Davey, [1840?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : illustrations ; 42 x 59 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 18 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2014 18 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title from cover.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Imprint from plates.
Six tinted lithographed views by Alfred Pocock, accompanied by seven pages of text (also lithographed).
Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 167
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 422
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped green cloth. Hand-colored.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is bound in publisher's original gilt-stamped maroon cloth. Uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- Country houses -- England -- Warminister.Davey, George -- Longleat House (Warminster, England)Longleat House (Warminster, England)
- Lithographs -- 1840.
- Porter's Lodge, leading from Horningsham
- The garden front at Longleat House
- The grand entrance hall
- A view from Heavens Gate
- Sheerwater Lake & boat house
- Horningsham Church and village.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.