Modern finishings for rooms : a series of designs for vestibules, halls, stair cases, dressing rooms, boudoirs, libraries, and drawing rooms; with their doors, windows, chimney-pieces, and other finishings, to a large scale : and the several mouldings [sic] and cornices at full size : showing their construction and relative proportions : to which are added some designs for villas and porticos : with the rules for drawing the columns, &c. at large : the whole adapted for use and direction of every person engaged in the practical parts of building / engraved on eighty-six plates, from designs by W. F. Pocock, Architect.
- Additional Title(s):
Finishings for rooms
- London : Printed for J. Taylor, at the Architectural Library, No. 59, High Holborn, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- 23,  p., 86 leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2850 .P63 1811+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by and after W. F. Pocock.
Printed by S. Gosnell, Little Queen Street, London.
"Another edition (probably the second) was published by Taylor in 1823, and another 'second edition' followed from M. Taylor in 1835 .... A 'third edition' was published by the same hand in 1837 ..." --Cf. British Architectural Library.
Spine title: Finishings for rooms.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840 2586
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 50
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in dark blue gilt- and blind-stamped morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Designs and plans.Architecture -- Details.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans.Decoration and ornament, Architectural.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1811.Gosnell, S. -- Printer.Interior architecture -- Great Britain -- Designs and plans.Taylor, J. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Pocock, W. F. (William Fuller), 1779-1849, Modern finishings for rooms , 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.