Poole, Geo. Ayliffe (George Ayliffe), 1809-1883, An historical and descriptive guide to York cathedral and its antiquities , 
- An historical and descriptive guide to York cathedral and its antiquities / by Geo. Ayliffe Poole, M.A., Vicar of Welford, and J.W. Hugall, Esq., architect ; with a history and description of the Minster Organ.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Series of views plates of detail and antiquities from the Cathedral Church of Saint Peter at York
- York : Published by R. Sunter, Stonegate, 
- Physical Description:
- , xiii, , 213,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5471.Y6 P66 1850+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Reference LibraryNA5471 Y6 P66 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Added lithographed title page: Series of views plates of detail and antiquities from the Cathedral Church of Saint Peter at York, drawn on stone by F. Bedford. York: Robert Sunter, MDCCCL.
Tinted lithography by Francis Bedford; after J. Sutcliffe and Adolphus H. Cates. Lithographs printed by Day & Haghe and Standidge & Co.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 387
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in parchment paper boards. Bookplate: John Roland Abbey. Binder's ticket of Josiah Westley, London.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbey, J. R. (John Roland), 1896-1969 -- Bookplate.Cathedrals -- England -- York -- History.Church buildings -- England -- York.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1850.Sunter, R. -- Publisher.Westley, Josiah -- Bookbinder.York (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc.York Minster -- History.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Chromolithographs -- 1850.