Five views of the Island of St. Helena : from drawings taken on the spot : to which is annexed a concise account of the Island / by Lieut. W. Innes Pocock, R.N.
- Additional Title(s):
Views of St. Helena
- London : Printed by D.N. Shury, and published by S. and J. Fuller, 1815.
- Physical Description:
- 12,  p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT671.S2 P67 1815+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title.
Aquatints by Thomas Sutherland; after William Innes Pocock.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 310
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in original brown paper wrappers with title on cover within ornamental border: Views of St. Helena.
- Subject Terms:
- S. and J. Fuller -- Publisher.Saint Helena -- Description and travel.Saint Helena -- Pictorial works.Shury, D. N. -- Printer.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1815.
- General view of St. Helena
- View of the High Knowle, & waterfall at the head of James's Valley
- View from Diana's Seat looking to the northward
- View from Diana's Peak looking southward towards Sandy Bay
- View of High Knowle, & Rupert's Hill, looking northward.