Early engraving & engravers in England (1545-1695) a critical and historical essay by Sidney Colvin ... with forty-one facsimiles in photogravure and many illustrations in the text.
- Additional Title(s):
Early engraving and engravers in England (1545-1695)
- London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1905.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 170 p., 2 l. front., illus., xl pl. (incl. ports.) 51 1/2 x 39 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 16Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each plate accompanied by guard sheet with descriptive letterpress.
"Chief authorities consulted": p [iii]-iv.
"Appendix I. List of engravers' works": p. -168.
"Appendix II. First copper-plates printed in England": p. 169.
"Appendix III. Baziliwlogia. A booke of kings ... 1618": p. 169-170.
- Subject Terms:
- Engravers, British.Engraving -- England -- History.Engraving -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Engravings, British -- Catalogs.
YCBA Collections Search
British Museum. Dept. of Prints and Drawings, Early engraving & engravers in England (1545-1695), 1905