British Museum. Dept. of Prints and Drawings, Early engraving & engravers in England (1545-1695), 1905
- Early engraving & engravers in England (1545-1695) a critical and historical essay by Sidney Colvin ... with forty-one facsimiles in photogravure and many illustrations in the text.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Early engraving and engravers in England (1545-1695)
- London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1905.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 170 p., 2 l. front., illus., xl pl. (incl. ports.) 51 1/2 x 39 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 16Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each plate accompanied by guard sheet with descriptive letterpress.
"Chief authorities consulted": p [iii]-iv.
"Appendix I. List of engravers' works": p. -168.
"Appendix II. First copper-plates printed in England": p. 169.
"Appendix III. Baziliwlogia. A booke of kings ... 1618": p. 169-170.
- Subject Terms:
- Engravers, British.Engraving -- England -- History.Engraving -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Engravings, British -- Catalogs.