IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
British Museum. Dept. of Prints and Drawings, Early engraving & engravers in England (1545-1695), 1905
Early engraving & engravers in England (1545-1695) a critical and historical essay by Sidney Colvin ... with forty-one facsimiles in photogravure and many illustrations in the text.
- Additional Title(s):
Early engraving and engravers in England (1545-1695)
- London, Printed by order of the Trustees, 1905.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 170 p., 2 l. front., illus., xl pl. (incl. ports.) 51 1/2 x 39 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 16Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Each plate accompanied by guard sheet with descriptive letterpress.
"Chief authorities consulted": p [iii]-iv.
"Appendix I. List of engravers' works": p. -168.
"Appendix II. First copper-plates printed in England": p. 169.
"Appendix III. Baziliwlogia. A booke of kings ... 1618": p. 169-170.
- Subject Terms:
- Engravers, British.Engraving -- England -- History.Engraving -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Engravings, British -- Catalogs.