The Illustrated London News. Coronation record number, King George VI. and Queen Elizabeth : with 24 coloured and other plates : together with articles dealing with our gracious king and queen, and every aspect of their coronation, with many illustrations and portraits..
- Additional Title(s):
Coronation record number, King George VI. and Queen Elizabeth
- London : The Illustrated London News & Sketch, Ltd., 32-34 St. Bride Street, E.C.4. : 1937
- Physical Description:
- VIII, , 72 p., xxiv leaves of plates : ill. (part col.), ports., geneal. tables ; 37 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2015 39Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Adrianna BatesAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title page in black and red, within illustrated compartment
"The design on the outer cover ... is based on the binding of a copy of 'Polydorus Vergilius. Anglicae historiae libri XXVI. Basiliae, 1534' ... now in the British museum ... The cover carries a plaque bearing portraits of the king and queen, designed by David Evans ..."; with explanations of designs on other compartments and borders throughout: prelim. p.  (2nd sequence)
Printer statement from colophon
Advertising matter: p. I-VIII, 65-72
BAC: British Art Center copy in original blue illustrated wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Coronations -- Great Britain.Elizabeth, Queen, consort of George VI, King of Great Britain, 1900-2002 -- Coronation.George VI, King of Great Britain, 1895-1952 -- Coronation.Rites and ceremonies -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.