Glances at character.
- London : Printed by Whittingham and Rowland, Goswell Street; For John Carr, 56, Paternoster-Row, 1814.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 158 p., 8 [i.e. 7] leaves of plates : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBF821 .G53 1814Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
Illustrations by J. Clark.
The plate numbered 5 appears between plates 7 and 8, but according to text this is the correct position. The second of these is an unnumbered frontispiece included in pagination. The first two plates are unnumbered.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 10, 857
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped red morocco style binding. Armorial bookplate: Malacrida.
- Subject Terms:
- Carr, John -- Publisher.Characters and characteristics.English poetry -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Malacrida -- BookplatePersonality.Whittingham and Rowland -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1814.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.