Dorsetshire photographically illustrated / by J. Pouncy ; the detail and touch of nature faithfully reproduced by a new process on stone, by which views are rendered truthful, artistic, and durable.
- Additional Title(s):
- London : Bland & Long, Fleet St. ; 
Dorchester : John Pouncy. Photographic Institution, 
- Physical Description:
- 4 pt. in 2 v. : ill. ; 26 x 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.D7 P68 1857+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title: Dorset illustrated. By J. Pouncy.
Date of publication from NSTC.
Each plate accompanied by two pages of descriptive letter-press.
"... the views which were originally announced as photographs will now appear as photo-lithographs."--Introduction.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's black cloth with gilt title.
- Subject Terms:
- Bland & Long, -- Publisher.Dorset (England) -- Description and travel.Dorset (England) -- Pictorial works.Photolithography -- Specimens.Pouncy, John -- Publisher.
- Photolithographs -- 1857.
YCBA Collections Search
Pouncy, John, 1818-1894, Dorsetshire photographically illustrated , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.