IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Pretty, Edward, 1792-1865, A practical essay on flower painting in water colours , 1812
A practical essay on flower painting in water colours / by Edward Pretty.
- London : Printed by D.N. Shury, Berwick Street, Soho; for S. and J. Fuller, at the Temple of Fancy, Rathbone Place ..., 1812.
- Physical Description:
- 28 p., 24 leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 x 36 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 8Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Flower drawing and coloring is shown in two or three stages, with some of plates colored and others left uncolored.
Bridson, G. Plant, animal & anatomical illustration, C437
Eng. cat. of books, Prel. vol., p. 468
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary red half-roan and brown boards. Inscribed: H. Passmore (?).
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration -- Technique.Color -- Charts, diagrams, etc.Color -- Study and teaching.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1812.Flowers in art.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Passmore, H. -- Autograph.S. & J. Fuller -- Publisher.Shury, D. N. -- Printer.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Aquatints -- 1812.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1812.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.