History of Hertfordshire, containing an account of the descents of the various manors; pedigrees of families connected with the county; antiquities, local customs, &c., &c., chiefly compiled from original mss. in the Record office and British museum, parochial registers, local archives, and collections in possession of private families ... By John Edwin Cussans.
- London, Chatto and Windus; [etc., etc.] 1870-81.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. front., illus., pl. (partly col.) port., map, geneal. tab. 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 93Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- v. 1, pt. 1-2 pub. by Stephen Austin, Hertford.
Printed by Stephen Austin, Printer, Hertford.
BAC: Lists of subscriber's in each volume.
BAC: Contains manuscript notes.
BAC: Errata slip inserted in v. 1.
BAC: Review of History of Hertfordshire, and letter, dated 8/10/81, and signed by author placed in object file.
BAC: British Art Center copy extra-illustrated with photographs.
- Subject Terms:
- Austin, Stephen -- Printer.Brooks, Vincent -- Printer.Chatto and Windus -- Publisher.Hertfordshire (England) -- History.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1870-81.
Lithographs -- 1870-81.
- v.1. pt.1-2. Hundred of Braughing. pt. 3-4. Edwinstree. pt. 5-6. Odsey.--v.2. pt.7-8. Half hundred of Hitchin. pt. 9-10. Hertford. pt. 11-12. Broadwater.--v.3. pt. 13-14. Dacorum. pt. 15-16. Cashio.