IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Panorama de la suisse, ou, Vues et costumes des 22 cantons, [ca. 1820]
Panorama de la suisse, ou, Vues et costumes des 22 cantons [graphic].
- Additional Title(s):
Panorama de la suisse
Vues et costumes des 22 cantons
- À Geneve : Publié par Briquet & Du Bois, [ca. 1820]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print on 6 joined sheets : hand-colored aquatint ; sheets end-to-end 10 x 240 cm, accordion folded to 10 x 11 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDQ36 .P36 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Title and imprint from publisher's original printed label on front cover.
Issued in a card folder.
Panorama includes place names along the top edge and description of costumes along the bottom edge.
55 figures in costumes of the 22 cantons. Many are shown in the various occupations of the cantons with the Alps, villages, and scenery in the background.
BAC: British Art Center copy in publisher's original paper board slipcase, with publisher's printed label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Switzerland.Costume -- Switzerland -- Pictorial works.Switzerland -- Pictorial works.
- Panoramas -- Switzerland -- Geneva.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.