Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784, Johnson and Boswell in Scotland , 1993
Johnson and Boswell in Scotland : a journey to the Hebrides / edited by Pat Rogers.
- Additional Title(s):
Journey to the western islands of Scotland
- New Haven : Yale University Press, 1993.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 330 p. : illus., maps 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA880 H4 J6 1993 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes Johnson's Journey to the western islands of Scotland (1775) and Boswell's Tour to the Hebrides (1786), and introductory material.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
Map on lining paper
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, English -- 18th century -- Biography.Authors, Scottish -- 18th century -- Diaries.Boswell, James, 1740-1795 -- Travel -- Scotland -- Hebrides.Hebrides (Scotland) -- Description and travel.Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784 -- Travel -- Scotland -- Hebrides.Scotland -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.Scotland -- Description and travel.Western Isles (Scotland) -- Description and travel.