The architects store-house : being a collection of several designes of frontispieces, doors and vvindow-cases, cieling-pieces, alcoves, chimney-pieces and fountains, with divers other sorts useful in eminent buildings. Likewise a representation of the five columns of architecture, viz. Tuscan, Dorick, Ionick, Corinthian and Composite. Useful for painters,, carvers, masons, carpenters, bricklayers, joyners, cabinet-makers, plaisterers, &c. Containing fifty cooper-plate prints / collected and set forth by Robert Pricke.
- London : Printed for Rob. Pricke, and are to be sold at his Shop Adjoyning to Cripple-Gate within: where likewise is very good Choice of Italian, French, Dutch and English Prints, 1674.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsVK584.S6 M67 1672+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA3310 .P75 1674+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- "The plates in the work are copies (often reversed) of plates from books, or suites of plates, issued by various continental publishers. Pricke published translations of some of the books himself, and this volume is based around the etching of one such J. Barbet's 'A booke of archetecture [sic]'"--Cf. British Architectural Library.
Engravings by Robert Pricke; after Jean Barbet, Jean Le Pautre, Peter Paul Rubens, Jean Marot, Pierre Le Muet, Hans Blum, and Francesco Fanelli.
Issued again in 1700 with 3 of the original 50 plates omitted and three new plates introduced. Cf. British Architectural Library.
English short title catalogue, R182093
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700 (2nd ed.), 3406B
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 718
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840, 2621
BAC: British Art Center NA3310 .P75 1674+ copy bound in mottled calf. Gilt spine. Inscribed: EHB. Label: Kenney Collection.
BAC: British Art Center VK584.S6 M67 1672+ copy imperfect: lacks title page. Bound with: Tuba stentoro-phonica / Samuel Morland. London : Printed by W. Godbid, 1672.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Orders -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Early works to 1800.EHB -- Provenance.Kenney Collection -- Bookplate.Pricke, Robert -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1674.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.