The ornaments of architecture : containing compartments, shields, mantlings, foldige, festones, monuments for tombs, alphabets of large letters plain and enrich'd, with the order of making them : with some new designes for carving and painting of eminent coaches : useful for painters, stone-cutters, carvers, plaisterers / collected out of the work of several eminent masters, and set forth by Robert Pricke.
- London : Printed for Rob. Pricke, and are to be sold at his shop adjoyning [sic] to Cripple-Gate within. Where likewise is very good choice of Italian, French, Dutch and English prints, 1674.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA3310 .P753 1674+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- English short title catalogue, R182094
Wing, D.G. Short-title catalogue of books printed in England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales, and British America, and of English books printed in other countries, 1641-1700, P3406C
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 1478-1840 2623
BAC: Bound in gilt-tooled vellum with gilt armorial center stamp.  blank leaves after ill.
Illustrations by Robert Pricke and Agostino Mitelli; after Paul Androuet Ducerceau, Michel Le Blon, Nicholas Blasset, Robert Pricke, Jean Le Pautre, Jacob van Campen and Agostino Mitelli.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Baroque -- Early works to 1800.Carving (Decorative Arts) -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament, Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament, Baroque -- Early works to 1800.Pricke, Robert -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- 1674.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.