Priestley, Joseph, 1733-1804, The history and present state of discoveries relating to vision, light, and colours , 1772
- The history and present state of discoveries relating to vision, light, and colours / by Joseph Priestley.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Proposals for printing by subscription.
- London, : Printed for J. Johnson ..., 1772.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. (4, v, , xvi, 812,  p.  leaves of plates (some folded)) : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQC353 P8 1772+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Bound in before the title is the author's 'Proposals for printing by Subscription' dated Leeds, Feb. 1, 1771.
Advertisement of Priestley's works: p.  at end.
Bibliography: p. [7-11] at end.
Illustrations by Butterworth; after Joseph Priestly.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1772.Johnson, J. -- Publisher.Optics -- Early works to 1800.Perspective -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.