The principles of drawing ornaments made easy : by proper examples of leaves for mouldings, capitals, scrolls, husks, foliage, etc. : engraved in imitation of drawings on sixteen plates : with instructions for learning without a master : particularly useful to carvers, cabinet-makers, stucco-workers, painters, smiths, and every one concerned in ornamental decorations / by an artist.
- London : Printed for I. Taylor, No 56, nearly opposite Great Turnstile, Hollborn. 1780.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 24 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA3310 .A78 1780+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Sometimes attributed to John Bengo.
The engravings are printed in red ink.
"Price four shillings and six-pence sewed."--Foot of title page.
ESTC (RLIN), N20815
Includes publisher's advertisements,  p.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter calf and brown boards. Includes publisher's advertisements,  p. Has bound with it: Complete modern joiner / N. Wallis (London, 1772).
- Subject Terms:
- Architectural drawing -- 18th century -- England -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Details -- Early works to 1800.Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- England -- Early works to 1800.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Kenney Collection -- Bookplate.Taylor, I., -- Publisher.
- Drawing books.
Aquatints -- 1780.
Publisher's advertisements -- England -- London -- 1780.
YCBA Collections Search
Artist, pseud., fl. 1780, The principles of drawing ornaments made easy , 1780
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.