Illustrations to Prinsep's Journal of a voyage from Calcutta to Van Diemen's Land : from original sketches taken during the years 1829 and 1830.
- London : Published by Smith & Elder, Cornhill, 1833.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG490 .I45 1833+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title.
Lithographs by George Philip Reinagle, T. Purser, C. F. Tomkins, and John Orde Ommanney; after Thomas Prinsep and Mrs. Augustus Prinsep. Printed by C. Hullmandel.
Panoramic View of Hobarton in part 2 is a folding panorama.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 607
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in publisher's original printed paper wrappers. Plates printed on India paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Prinsep, Augustus, 1803-1830 -- Travel -- Australia -- Tasmania.Prinsep, Augustus, 1803-1830 -- Travel.Smith & Elder -- Publisher.Tasmania -- Description and travel.Tasmania -- Pictorial works.Voyages and travels.
- Lithographs -- 1833.
- View of Hobarton from Beaulieu Lodge
- Hobarton from the Hotel
- The Black Snake Inn
- New Norfolk
- The Great Tree Penang
- Panoramic View of Hobarton
- New Norfolk
- Plan of Hobarton.