Progressive lessons intended to elucidate the art of portrait painting , 1824
- Progressive lessons intended to elucidate the art of portrait painting : in which is introduced a systematic arrangement of the colours and tints used in flesh, draperies, and back-grounds ... : to which is added a treatise on miniature painting ...
- London : Printed by Thomas White ... for Thomas Clay, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- v, 32 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1305 P76 1824Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Abbey, J.R. Life 169.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Printed by N. Chater & Co., 33 Fleet St.
- Subject Terms:
- Clay, Thomas -- Publisher.Color -- Study and teaching.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1824.Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1824.Miniature painting -- Technique.N. Chater & Co. -- Printer.Portrait painting -- Study and teaching.White, Thomas -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.