Prospects, of palaces and other publick buildings in France, Italy, Spain, &c. very neatly engraved, [ca. 1725?]
- Prospects, of palaces and other publick buildings in France, Italy, Spain, &c. very neatly engraved.
- [London] : Printed & sold by H. Overton & J. Hoole at ye white Horse without Newgate, [ca. 1725?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 21 x 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA6813.E8 P76 1725+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Henry Overton and John Hole (Hoole) were partners from circa 1724 to 1731. See British Book Trade Index.
Engraved throughout, including title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in 19th century plain boards, with leather spine title label.
- Royal Palace at Versailles -- Versailles a view from the gardens -- The Louvre -- The west end of St. Peter's at Rome -- The north side of St. Peter's at Rome -- The Castle of St. Angelo at Rome -- The Royal Palace of Marly in France -- The Stadt House or Guild Hall of Amsterdam -- The Aelian Bridge and Castle of St. Angelo with part of the City of Rome -- St. Ambrose's Church at Milan in Italy -- The Grand Seignior's Seraglio at Constantinople -- The famous bridge of Rialto at Venice in Italy -- The Grand Duke of Tuscany's Palace at Leghorn in Italy -- St. Mark's Place at Venice in Italy -- The French King's Palace & park of Marly -- The Palace of Richelieu at Pioton in France -- The Pope's Palace on Monte Cavallo at Rome -- The Escurial being ye Palace of ye King's of Spain -- The Palace of Luxemburgh in France, belonging to ye Duke of Orleans -- The Royal Palace of St. Germain en Laye in France -- The Capitol at Rome -- The Column of Trojan in Rome -- The Column of Antoninus in Rome.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Modern -- 18th century -- Europe -- Early works to 1800.Bridges -- Italy -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Churches -- Italy -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Palaces -- France -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Palaces -- Italy -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Palaces -- Spain -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Public buildings -- Europe -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.Vatican city -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1725.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.