Nichols, John, 1745-1826, Literary anecdotes of the eighteenth century , 1812-1816
- Literary anecdotes of the eighteenth century : comprizing biographical memoirs of William Boywer, printer, F.S.A., and many of his learned friends : an incidental view of the progress and advancement of literature in this kingdom during the last century: and biographical anecdotes of a considerable number of eminent writers and ingenious artists : with a very copious index / by John Nichols ...
- London : Printed for the author, by Nichols, son, and Bentley, 1812-1816.
- Physical Description:
- 9 v. : fronts (v. 1-6, 8-9) plates, ports., 2 facsim. (1 fold.) ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR443 N533 1812Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Preface to v. 7 signed: S.B. [i.e. Samuel Bentley].
Vol. 7 in 2 parts: pt. 1 (published 1813) contains indexes of v. 1-6, pt. 2 (published 1816) indexes of v. 8-9.
Vol. 8 has double frontispiece.
First edition, 1782.
Pedigree of Gale: v. 4, fold. geneal. tab.: facing p. 536.
Pedigree of the Marklands: v. 4, fold. geneal. tab.: facing p. 656.
"A genealogy of the family of Tindal": v. 9, p. 302-304.
- Subject Terms:
- Authors, English.Bowyer, William, 1699-1777.Eighteenth century.English literature -- 18th century -- History and criticism.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.