IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Vincent, of Beauvais, -1264, Speculum historiale, 1474
- [Augsburg : Monastery of SS. Ulrich and Afra], 1474.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pts. (1041 p.) ; 37-40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsD17 V56 1474+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: Bound in 4 v. Pts. 1 & 3 printed on paper and bound in boards & half calf. Pt. 2 is printed on vellum and bound in two volumes; both contemporary German blind-stamped white pigskin.
BAC: Ornamented capital in gold and several colors on leaf 12a, pt. 1 (BAC copy wanting blank leaves 10 & 11). Rubrication present in some of pt. 1, all of pt. 2, none of pt. 3.
For information on the Monastery of SS. Ulrich and Afra and full collation see British Museum's Catalogue of books printed in the XVth century, p. 338.
Catalogue of books printed in the XVth century now in the British Museum, II, p. 338-9.
Proctor, R. Index to the early printed books in the British Museum, 1639
Copinger, W.A. Supplement to Hain's Repertorium bibliographicum, 6247
- Subject Terms:
- Incunabula in Yale Library.St. Ulrich und Afra (Benedictine abbey : Augsburg, Germany)World history -- Early works to 1800.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.