Sporting sketches at home and abroad / by "Bagatelle."
- London : W. Swan, Sonnenschein and Allen, 15, Paternoster Square, E.C. ; 1879.
London : Printed by Woodfall and Kinder, Milford Lane, Strand, W.C.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 166 pages ; 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK31 .B35 1879Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Most of the sketches have appeared ... in the pages of the Illustrated sporting and dramatic news..."--Preface
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's red cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Hunting -- Anecdotes.Sports -- Anecdotes.
- A rum customer
- A chapter of accidents
- A divine, a defeat, and a dinner
- Three days with a vacillator
- The end of the season
- A trip to Boulogne
- Cricket under difficulties
- The Benares Bobbery hounds
- Our pig-sticking club
- Our races
- A frontier match
- Bear shooting in the Himalayas
- A day among the snipe
- A Central American cock pit
- How we won the cup in Central America
- Jottings of a shooting trip
- The gentleman horse dealer
- Gentlemen jocks
- A chapter of proverbs.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.