Morris, William, 1834-1896, The story of Sigurd the Volsung and the fall of the Niblungs , 1898]
The story of Sigurd the Volsung and the fall of the Niblungs / by William Morris
- [Hammersmith : Kelmscott Press, 1898]
- Physical Description:
- , 207,  p. : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR5077 .A1 1898+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- BEIN: One of an ed. of 6 copies on vellum.
Colophon: With two pictures designed by Edward Burne-Jones and engraved by W.H. Hooper. It was printed at the Kelmscott Press, Upper Mall, Hammersmith, and finished on the 19th day of January, 1898. Sold by the trustees of the late William Morris at the Kelmscott Press.
160 paper copies. 6 vellum copies.
First prelim. leaf blank, except for signature-mark on recto.
Peterson, W.S. Kelmscott Press, A50
BAC: British Art Center copy is one of 6 on vellum. Bound in vellum with silk ties.
- Subject Terms:
- Kelmscott Press -- Publisher. (BACRB)Rosenbloom, Charles J. -- Bookplate. (BEIN)Siegfried (Legendary character) -- Poetry.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1898. (BACRB)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.