Racing in America : 1665-1865 ... / written for the Jockey Club by John Hervey.
- New York : Privately printed, the Jockey Club, c1944.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill., ports., facsims ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF347 .H47a+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A companion to W.S. Vosburgh's Racing in America: 1866-1921, and the author's Racing in America: 1922-1936. Cf. Introduction.
Printed by the Scribner Press, New York.
Limited edition of 800 copies.
Includes bibliographical references (v.2, p. 395) and indexes.
BEIN: Number 69 of edition of 800 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 603 of 800. Bound in publisher's original quarter tan cloth and tan boards, with printed spine label.
A history of thoroughbred horses and racing in the United States.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- History.Horse racing -- United States.Race horses -- United States.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.