IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Vosburgh, Walter Spencer, Racing in America , c1922
Racing in America : 1866-1921 / written for the Jockey Club, by W. S. Vosburgh.
- New York : Privately Printed, the Jockey Club, c1922.
- Physical Description:
- x, 249 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF347 .H47b+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Companion to Racing in America, 1665-1885, by John Hervey, and Racing in America, 1922-1936, also by John Hervey.
Printed by the Scribner Press, New York.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 331
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown quarter cloth and tan boards. P. 33-40 repeated without loss of text. Bookplate: Van Santvoord Merle-Smith.
A history of thoroughbred horses and racing in the United States.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- History.Horse racing -- United States.Merle-Smith, Van Santvoord -- Bookplate.Race horses -- United States.Scribner Press -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.