Prout, J. S. (John Skinner), 1806-1876, Picturesque antiquities of Bristol , 
Picturesque antiquities of Bristol / drawn from nature & on stone by J.S. Prout.
- Bristol : Published by George Davey, 1, Broad Street. Printed by C. Hullmandel, 
- Physical Description:
- 29 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B8 P76 1835+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Date of publication from NSTC.
Lithographed throughout, including title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound contemporary maroon watered silk. Lithographs printed on India paper, mounted.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- Bristol -- Pictorial works.Bristol (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.Bristol (England) -- Pictorial works.Davey, George -- Publisher.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1835.
- IIIF Manifest:
- Temple Street
- Bastion & part of the city wall
- The Pithay
- On the Froom
- Entrance to St. Bartholomew's Hospital
- The Fourteen Stars
- Crypt of St. John's Church
- Steep Street
- Spencer's Alms-Houses
- Castle Bank
- The Neptune. A public conduit near Temple Church
- Old Corn Market
- Crypt in the Castle
- The Catherine Wheel. Castle Green
- Ancient room in Corn Street
- St. Peter's Hospital
- Baldwin Street
- Entrance to the Cathedral from the cloisters
- Entrance to the Bishop's Palace
- Chapel in the Bishop's Palace
- Old House on Bristol Back
- Old House formerly in Christmas Street
- Front of an old house in Baldwyn Street
- Back front of an old house in Baldwyn Street
- St. John's Conduit, Broad Street
- Remains of the Old Tower of St. Ewen's Church
- Old houses in front of the Mulberry Tree Tavern
- Old front of Dr. Whites Alms House
- [Guildhall Tavern].
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.