Prout, J. S. (John Skinner), 1806-1876, Picturesque antiquities of Bristol , 
- Picturesque antiquities of Bristol / drawn from nature & on stone by J.S. Prout.
- Bristol : Published by George Davey, 1, Broad Street. Printed by C. Hullmandel, 
- Physical Description:
- 29 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.B8 P76 1835+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from NSTC.
Lithographed throughout, including title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound contemporary maroon watered silk. Lithographs printed on India paper, mounted.
- Temple Street -- Bastion & part of the city wall -- The Pithay -- On the Froom -- Entrance to St. Bartholomew's Hospital -- The Fourteen Stars -- Crypt of St. John's Church -- Steep Street -- Spencer's Alms-Houses -- Castle Bank -- The Neptune. A public conduit near Temple Church -- Old Corn Market -- Crypt in the Castle -- The Catherine Wheel. Castle Green -- Ancient room in Corn Street -- St. Peter's Hospital -- Baldwin Street -- Entrance to the Cathedral from the cloisters -- Entrance to the Bishop's Palace -- Chapel in the Bishop's Palace -- Old House on Bristol Back -- Old House formerly in Christmas Street -- Front of an old house in Baldwyn Street -- Back front of an old house in Baldwyn Street -- St. John's Conduit, Broad Street -- Remains of the Old Tower of St. Ewen's Church -- Old houses in front of the Mulberry Tree Tavern -- Old front of Dr. Whites Alms House -- [Guildhall Tavern].
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- Bristol -- Pictorial works.Bristol (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.Bristol (England) -- Pictorial works.Davey, George -- Publisher.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1835.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.