Prout, J. S. (John Skinner), 1806-1876, Sydney illustrated , 1844
Sydney illustrated / by J.S. Prout ; with letter press description by J. Rae, M.A.
- [Sydney] : T. Bluett, printer, 1844.
Sydney : Printed by Kemp and Fairfax, Lower George Street, 
- Physical Description:
- 42 pages,  leaves of plates ( folded) : illustrations, map ; 36 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDU178 .P76 1844+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Originally issued in four parts.
Date of publication taken from page 42: "Sydney, March 1844."
With tinted lithographs, pritned by T. Bluett.
Title page is lithographed.
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 576
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary brown quarter morocco and brown cloth. Illustrated front covers to two of the original parts have been included as front and rear pastedowns. Two of the plates, Sydney Cover, 184[?] and Port Jackson from Dawes' Battery. 1842, are printed on India paper and mounted.
- Subject Terms:
- Bluett, Thomas, 1819-1846 -- Printer.Kemp and Fairfax -- Printer.Landscapes -- Australia -- Sydney (N.S.W.)Sydney (N.S.W.) -- Description and travel.Sydney (N.S.W.) -- History.
- Lithographs -- 1844.
- District of Sydney
- Sydney Cove, 184[?]
- Woolloomooloo Bay, Sydney
- Miller's Point, Sydney, from the Flag Staff Hill
- Port Jackson from Dawes' Battery, 1842
- Campbell's Wharf. Sydney Cove
- Lower Fall Willoughby, North Shore Sydney. 1842
- Sydney, from Mrs Darling's Point
- New Government House, Sydney
- The Heads of Port Jackson
- Port Jackson, East of Bradley's Head
- Cockatoo Island, Parramatta River
- View in George Street, Sydney
- The City of Sydney, N.S.W. from behind Lavender's Bay, North Shore
- The City of Sydney. N.S.W. From the government Paddock. Paramatta Street.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.