Prout, Samuel, 1783-1852, A series of easy lessons in landscape drawing , 1820
- A series of easy lessons in landscape drawing : contained in forty plates, arranged progressively from the first principles in the chalk manner to the finished landscape colours / by Samuel Prout.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Easy lessons in landscape drawing
- London : Published by R. Ackermann, 101, Strand; and may be had of all the book and print-sellers in the United Kingdom. Printed by L. Harrison, 373, Strand, 1820.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p., 40 leaves of plates : ill. ; 21 cm. x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC800 .P78 1820+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates dated 1819.
Originally issued, without title or introductory text, in parts, 1 Feb. 1819-1 Nov. 1819 under title: Easy lessons in landscape-drawing.
Plates 33-40 are hand-coloured.
Bicknell, Peter. Gilpin to Ruskin. London : Christie, 198, 23
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Landscape drawing -- Study and teaching.Landscape drawing -- Technique.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Aquatints -- 1820.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1820.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1820.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.