A new drawing book, in the manner of chalk : containing twelve views in the west of England as follows : Glastonbury, Tavistock, ditto, Lynmouth, Exmouth, East-Bourne, Ide, ditto, Chagford, Exeter, Pennycross, Dartmoor / drawn and engraved by Samuel Prout.
- London : Published by R. Ackermann, 101, Strand, London; and may be had of all the book and printsellers in the United Kingdom, 1819.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 26 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC800 .P76 1819+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title. Price twelve shillings on cover.
Publisher's advertisement: p.  of upper wrapper and on back wrapper.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 172
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy bound in original printed wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Landscape drawing.West Country (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1819.
YCBA Collections Search
Prout, Samuel, 1783-1852, A new drawing book, in the manner of chalk , 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.