Prout, Samuel, 1783-1852, A new drawing book, in the manner of chalk , 1819
- A new drawing book, in the manner of chalk : containing twelve views in the west of England as follows : Glastonbury, Tavistock, ditto, Lynmouth, Exmouth, East-Bourne, Ide, ditto, Chagford, Exeter, Pennycross, Dartmoor / drawn and engraved by Samuel Prout.
- London : Published by R. Ackermann, 101, Strand, London; and may be had of all the book and printsellers in the United Kingdom, 1819.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 26 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC800 .P76 1819+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title. Price twelve shillings on cover.
Publisher's advertisement: p.  of upper wrapper and on back wrapper.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy bound in original printed wrappers.
Abbey, J. R. Life, 172
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Landscape drawing.West Country (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1819.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.