The Rhinegold & the Valkyrie / by Richard Wagner ; with illustrations by Arthur Rackham ; translated by Margaret Armour.
- Additional Title(s):
Rhinegold and the Valkyrie
Ring of the Niblung
Ring des Nibelungen. Rheingold (Libretto). English
- London : William Heinemann ; 1910.
New York : Doubleday, Page & Co., 1910.
- Physical Description:
- ix, 159,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsML50.W34 R45 1910Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Creighton Gilbert, Yale MA (HON.) 1981Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With a preliminary half-title leaf. Half-title leaf reads: Ring of the Niblung, a trilogy with a prelude by Richard Wagner. Translated into English by Margaret Armour. Prelude: The Rhinegold. First day of the trilogy: The Valkyrie. Second day of the trilogy: Siegfried. Third day of the trilogy: The twilight of the gods.
Printed by Ballantyne & Company Ltd., Tavistock Street, Covent Garden, London.
Color plates mounted on heavy paper accompanied by guardsheets with descriptive letterpress.
A translation into English from the original German.
Illustrated preliminary and rear end papers. Signed: Arthur Rackham.
Engraved vignette on t.p.
T.p. printed in gold and black ink.
Gettings, F. Arthur Rackham, p. 177
Hamilton, J. Arthur Rackham, p. 188
BAC: British Art Center copy is second impression, Noverber 1910.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballantyne & Company Ltd. -- Printer.Heinemann, William -- Publisher.Operas -- Librettos.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1910.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.