Prout, Samuel, 1783-1852, Progressive fragments , 1817
- Progressive fragments : drawn and etched in a broad and simple manner : with a comprehensive explanation of the principles of perspective for the use of young students in landscape-drawing / by Samuel Prout.
- London : Printed for R. Ackermann, 101 Strand, by L. Harrison, Printer, 379, Strand, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- , 2 p., 24 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 27 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 .P76 1817+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plates signed: "Published April 1 [-July 1], 1817 at R. Ackermann's Repository of Arts, 101 Strand, London."
Archer, J. British domestic architecture, 264.2
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original wrappers, with publisher's printed title. At foot of label: Price £1.4s.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Harrison, L. -- Printer.Landscape drawing -- Technique.Perspective -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Soft-ground etchings -- 1817.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.