Prout, Samuel, 1783-1852, Marine sketches , 1820
- Marine sketches / drawn on stone by S. Prout.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Prout's drawing book.
Rowney and Forster's Lithographic drawing books.
- London : Rowney & Forster, 1820.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 22 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC817 P76 1820+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC817 P76 1820+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is bound. T.p. wanting. Cover title: Prout's drawing book.
BAC: Copy 2 issued in parts. No. 2,4,5, and 6 of Rowney and Forster's Lithographic drawing books. No. 2. is the Abbey copy. Cover title. Engraved t.p. In original wrappers, stitched, as issued. Copy 2 imperfect: plates 1,2,3,4 and plates 9,10,11,12 wanting.
BAC: Publisher's advertisement 'New works in Lithography' tipped in no. 2.
Abbey, J.R. Life 175.
Lockett, Richard. Samuel Prout, 1783-1852. London, 1985. p. 174.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements: back wrapper of no. 2,4,5,6.
Date from plates.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1820.Marine drawing -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Rowney & Forster -- Publisher.
- Drawing books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.