Pugin, Augustus, 1762-1832, A series of ornamental timber gables , MDCCCXXXIX 
- A series of ornamental timber gables : from existing examples in England and France, of the sixteenth century / drawn on stone by B. Ferrey, under the direction of A. Pugin, architect ; with descriptive letterpress by E.J. Willson, architect, F.S.A.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Pugin's ornamental gables
- Second edition, improved.
- London : Henry G. Bohn, 4 York Street, Covent Garden, MDCCCXXXIX 
- Physical Description:
- 15 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2920 .P8 1839 + OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Added engraved ornamental title page: Pugin's ornamental gables, selected from ancient examples in England.
Lithographs by H.C. Maguire. Plates printed by J. Graf.
"The 31 lithographic plates in this edition have all been redrawn from the first edition of 1831. The unnumbered additional title page reads as above, with the same image of a Gothic window and gable-end enclosing the words 'ancient Examples'. The 30 illustrative plates are still numbered 1-30 top right, but have been re-arranged , and all the lithographers' and draughtsmen's signatures have been removed."--British Architectural Library.
Printed by Moyes and Barclay, Castle Street, Leicester Square, London.
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 2659
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind-stamped brown cloth. Bookplate of Abigal Treat Holt and autograph of Sidney L. Colt. Spine title: Pugin's ornamental gables.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Architecture, Renaissance -- France.Architecture, Renaissance -- Great Britain.Bohn, Henry G. -- Publisher.Colt, Sidney L. -- Autograph.Gables -- France.Gables -- Great Britain.Graf, J. -- Printer.Holt, Abigal Treat -- Bookplate.Moyes and Barclay -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- 1839.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.