A treatise on chancel screens and rood lofts : their antiquity, use, and symbolic signification / by A. Welby Pugin ; illustrated with figures copied on stone from drawings by the author.
- London : C. Dolman, 1851.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 124 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA5080 P8 1851Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Osborn fpd17: Imperfect: upper half of spine wanting. 27 cm. Inscription: Wm. Garner, 1873. From the collection of the Pugin family.
Printed by Cox (Brothers) and Wyman, Great Queen Street, Lincoln's-Inn Fields.
- Subject Terms:
- Ball, Thomas Raymond -- Bookplate.Church decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.Cox (Brothers) and Wyman -- Printer.Dolman, Charles -- Publisher.Garner, Wm. -- Autograph.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1851.Screens (Church decoration) -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
Pugin, Augustus Welby Northmore, 1812-1852, A treatise on chancel screens and rood lofts , 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.