IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Pugin, Augustus Welby Northmore, 1812-1852, The true principles of pointed or Christian architecture , 1841
The true principles of pointed or Christian architecture : set forth in two lectures delivered at St. Marie's, Oscott / by A. Welby Pugin.
- London : J. Weale, 1841.
- Physical Description:
- 67, 40 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA440 P9 1841 copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA440 P9 1841 copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- BAC: Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is bound in blind- and gold- stamped green publisher's cloth; some proofs laid in. Copy 2 is the proof copy and is bound in blind- and gold- stamped maroon publisher's cloth.
BEIN Osborn fpd15: Bookplate and stamps of British Architectural Library. Binder's ticket: Runting & Jeffcoat. Stamps of the Royal Institute of British Architects. Ms. note on front endpaper: Purchased 1853. Gilt coat of arms on cover. From the collection of the Pugin family.
T.p. printed in black and red.
Printed by W. Hughes, King's Head Court, Gough Square.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Gothic -- Great Britain.British Architectural Library -- Stamp.Chron -- 1841.Church architecture -- Great Britain.Etching -- Specimens -- 1841.Havergal -- Autograph.Hughes, W. -- Printer.Royal Institute of British Architects -- Stamp.Weale, J. -- Publisher.
- Binders' tickets (Binding) -- Runting & Jeffcoat.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.