A rudimentary and practical treatise on perspective for beginners : simplified for the use of juvenile students and amateurs in architecture, painting, etc. : also adapted for schools and private instructors / by George Pyne, artist ; eighty-six illustrations.
- Additional Title(s):
Rudimentary and practical treatise on perspective, for the use of beginners
Perspective for students
- Fifth edition, revised and enlarged.
- London : John Weale, 59, High Holborn, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- v, , 165,  p., XIII leaves of plates ( folded) : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC750 .P96 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on printed label: Rudimentary and practical treatise on perspective, for the use of beginners
Running title: Perspective for students.
Engravings by J.W. Lowry; after George Pyne.
Edition statement transposed; precedes author's name on title page.
"London: Bradbury and Evans, printers, Whitefriars."--T.p. verso.
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind-stamped red flexible boards. Label mounted on cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Drawing -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Drawing books -- Specimens.Etching -- Specimens -- 1857.Perspective -- Study and teaching.Weale, John -- Publisher.Woodcut -- Specimens -- 1857.
YCBA Collections Search
Pyne, George, 1800?-1884, A rudimentary and practical treatise on perspective for beginners , 1857
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.