Microcosm, or, A picturesque delineation of the arts, agriculture, manufactures, & c. of Great Britain, in a series of above a thousand groups of small figures ... the whole accurately drawn from nature and etched by W.H. Pyne, and aquatinted by J. Hill. To which are now added explanations of the plates, and essays relating to their various subjects, by C. Gray ...
- Additional Title(s):
Picturesque delineation of the arts, agriculture, manufactures, &c. of Great Britain
- Second ed.
- London : Printed by S. Gosnell, Little Queen Street, Holborn. Published by W.H. Pyne, 38 Argyle Street, and J.C. Nattes, no. 5, Woodstock Street ... 1806.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 29 x 47 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 20Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Originally issued between 1802 and 1807 in parts.
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks v. 2; in its place is v. 2 of the W. Miller edition (London, 1808). The two volumes are bound identically in half calf and red cloth. In both volumes, plates are uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- Gosnell, S. -- Printer.Great Britain -- Industries -- History -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Rural conditions -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Pictorial works.Industrial arts -- Pictorial works.Nattes, J.C. -- Publisher.Occupations -- Great Britain -- Pictorial works.Occupations in art -- Pictorial works.Pyne, W.H. -- Publisher.
- Aquatints -- 1806.
YCBA Collections Search
Pyne, W. H. (William Henry), 1769-1843, Microcosm, or, A picturesque delineation of the arts, agriculture, manufactures, & c. of Great Britain,, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.