Le Clerc, Sébastien, 1637-1714, Nattes's practical geometry, or, Introduction to perspective , 1819
- Nattes's practical geometry, or, Introduction to perspective / translated from the French of Leclerc ; with additions and alterations ... with forty -four vignettes ... by W.H. Pyne ; the problems engraved by T. King.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Nattes's practical geometry.
Introduction to perspective.
Pratique de la geometrie sur le papier et sur le terrain. English.
- Second edition.
- London : P. Wright, 1819.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQA33 L4313 1819Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Abbey, J.R. Life 160
Translation of: Pratique de la geometrie sur le papier et sur le terrain.
Printed by S. Gosnell, Printer, Little Queen Street, Holborn.
Added engraved t.p.
Plates 24,44, and 46 are not included in the 'List of Vignettes'. This along with the fact that there is a great disparity between the watermark date of the text and that of the plates (1802 and 1822) suggests that the volume is composite, the text being first edition sheets, and the plates new impressions of first edition plates with four new ones added. Cf. Abbey.
BAC: Original boards, as issued.
Illustrations by W.H. Pyne; after Nattes.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1819.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1819.Geometrical drawing.Geometry.Gosnell, S. -- Printer.Wright, P. -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.