IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Pyne, W. H. (William Henry), 1769-1843, Rudiments of landscape drawing , 1812
Rudiments of landscape drawing : in a series of easy examples / by W.H. Pyne.
- Additional Title(s):
Pyne on landscape drawing
- London : Published by R. Ackermann, printseller and colour-manufacturer, 101, Strand, 1812.
- Physical Description:
- , 22 p., 13,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 22 x 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1342 .P96 1812+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Printed by L. Harrison and J.C. Leigh, 372 Strand.
The last plate is comprised of 25 color samples (hand-colored) preceded with a perforated leaf through which the colors can be seen.
"Price £1 1s."--Title page.
With publisher's advertisements on p. 22.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 178
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in red half leather and marbled boards. Bookplate of Hugh Walpole, Brackenburn.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann, R. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Harrison, L. -- Printer.Landscape drawing -- Technique.Leigh, J. C. -- Printer.Walpole, Hugh, Sir, 1884-1941 -- Bookplate.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Handbooks and manuals.
Aquatints -- 1812.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1812 .
Engravings -- 1812.
Drawing books -- England -- London -- 1812.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.