The railway companion : describing an excursion along the Liverpool Line : accompanined with a succint and popular history of the rise and progress of rail-roads : illustrated with several lithographic views / by a tourist.
- London : Published for the author by Effingham Wilson, Royal Exchange, and James Fraser, 215, Regent Street, MDCCCXXXIII 
- Physical Description:
- 46,  p.,  folded leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHE3020.L48 R35 1833Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Lithographs printed by E. Colyer.
Final page is advertisement for "The disyntrechon," a "mechanico-graphicoramic view" of the railroad.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 409
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Original pink paper wrappers bound in. Label on preliminary paste down: John Phillimore Collection.
- Subject Terms:
- Colyer, E. -- Printer.Great Britain -- Guidebooks.John Phillimore Collection -- ProvenanceLiverpool and Manchester Railway.Railroads -- Great Britain -- Guidebooks.Wilson, E. -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1833.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.