Views in Renfrewshire : with historical and descriptive notices / by Philip A. Ramsay.
- Edinburgh : W.H. Lizars, Murray & Stewart, Paisley and Thomas Murray, Glasgow, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 148 p., 29 leaves of plates : ill., map ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA880.R4 R36 1839+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings by W.H. Lizars.
Printed by Edinburgh Printing Company, South St. David Street.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary quarter red roan and dark green embossed cloth. Caligraphic inscription of W.S. Dixon.
- Subject Terms:
- Edinburgh Printing Company -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1839.Glasgow (Scotland) -- Description and travel.Greenock (Scotland) -- Description and travel.Lizars, W.H. -- Publisher.Paisley (Scotland) -- Description and travel.Renfrewshire (Scotland) -- Description and travel.
- Abbey of Paisley
- Cathcart Castle
- Eaglesham and Polnoon
- Crookston Castle
- Elderslie House
- Blythswood House
- Staneley Castle
- Wallace's Oak, at Elderslie
- Johnston Castle
- Newark Castle
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.