Illustrations of the theory and practice of ventilation : with remarks on warming, exclusive lighting, and the communication of sound / by David Boswell Reid, M.D., F.R.S.E., Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh, Honorary Member of the Imperial Medico-Chirugical Society of St. Petersburgh, Honorary Member of the Hunterian Medical Society, Member of the Medico-Chirurgical Society of London, formerly Vice-President of the Society of Arts for Scotland, and Senior President of the Royal Medical Society of Edinburgh.
- London : Printed for Longman, Brown, Green, & Longmans, Paternoster-Row, 1844.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 451,  p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH7653 .R3 1844Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Neill and Co., Edinburgh.
With numerous wood engraved diagrams.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's blind-stamped brown cloth. Binder's label on recto of lower board: Bound by Wesleys & Clark, London. Publisher's catalogue of new works, February, 1844, 32 p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Acoustical engineering -- Great Britain.Architectural acoustics.Heating -- Great Britain.Lighting -- Great Britain.Lighting, Architectural and decorative.Longman, Brown, Green, & Longmans -- Publisher.Neill and Co. -- Printer.Ventilation -- Great Britain.Wesleys & Clark -- Binder.
- Wood engravings -- 1844.
YCBA Collections Search
Reid, D. B. (David Boswell), 1805-1863, Illustrations of the theory and practice of ventilation , 1844
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.